And then came the call from Coach telling me to take a day off, to recover. I didn't fight it because it made perfect sense. In looking back over the last week, well OK the last month, there has been LOTS of training, lots of hard work, and not much time for recovery. So, here are my top 10 list of things to do for an unplanned day off:
3. Re-stock gels, nutrition bars, sports drinks etc.
4. Re-stock entire kitchen (I eat more than I care to think about)
5. Make a dent in washing "wicking" laundry......I forgot about some of these clothes because they were at the bottom of the pile....almost as good as buying something new!
6. Go outside and try to even out silly bike tan lines (thx PIC!)
7. Read book
8. Watch movie (Netflix is great)
10. Pedi (OK, I didn't actually do this but my feet need a little love!)
The big question is, am I ready to get back into it tomorrow? I plan on giving it a shot - Masters in the morning and weights and abs. Fortunately, it is swimming so if I'm not feeling it I will get out of the pool and go home and get back in bed. I won't have to swim 3 miles to get home, that is a relief.